Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kaberle

Kaberle is an 8 month old male that was brought into the shelter in August 2009 as a stray. He was very nervous when he first came in, and had a hard time adjusting to being in a cage. Staff brought him into a quiet room for some extra TLC, and after only a few days, he began to relax and come out of his shell. Kaberle is an introvert who can be very shy around new people. When approached slowly, he really enjoys petting. So much that he'll actually begin to drool! Kaberle got along very well with the other cats and once comfortable, is as playful as a kitten. He's looking for a loving forever home with an experienced owner.

Update: Kabele has been adopted!

3 comments:

blindwheels said...

if it wasent for the THS being idiots about a very sick cat, Rocco (black, 3 years old, with lumps/masses all over his chest/tummy area under his fur, he also refused to use the litter box, and cried when he did pee or poo.) I adopted long ago and tried to help him, took him back 3 times for help, (came all the way from west etobicoke using TTC buises, subway and streetcars), nothing, (infact the attitude of the staff was downright nasty and they even once told me that because I'm blind and on assistance, I shouldent own a cat!!), finally he just took a poo on my pillow as i was sleeping one night, right beside my head, that was it, Took him back a 4th time and tried begging for them to help, I have many photos of him, when he was here at my home, he was seriously sick, I have been blacklisted by THS.
Yet I have been a Cat lover all my life, I grew up with cats my whole life., I have one now, Sasha, she is 4 and healthy as an ox, She is my second cat of my own since I was 15..
My first cat of my own, Smokey died from complications of a surgery to get rid of a complete blockage from 'crystals' and he was my bubs, he was only 6, but he had been mine since he was 7 weeks old.

I am legalty blind and I am working full time at a sheltered workshop, as well as bbeing on ODSP.. So I can afford to feed 2 cats.. I also love bback cats..

blindwheels said...

I'm so glad to hear Kabele was adopted! I'd wanted to go get him, but too nervous about THS staff.

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your hesitation. Fortunately the attitude of the remaining staff is amazing.